BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Living in the Moment

Somedays when I am feeling snarky and I have tried to do a wire wrap for the umpteenth time and the wire has flown across the room or wrapped wonkily....I want to sometimes throw Etsy into the corner. 

It is like the customers don't know great jewelry when they look at it, they prefer to buy ugly cars when they could be buying carnelians and sapphires; when they won't open their pocket books I hate them.

Then I go into my little studio lair and pull out the little book that sits besides my computer by Byron Katie, entitled, "Loving What is" and I have to reexamine my emotions.

When I think "my customers hate my stuff", I remember to ask myself the four questions:

1.  Is it true?
2.  Can you absolutely know that it's true?
3.  How do you react when you think that thought?
4.  Who would you be without that thought?

Turn the statement around.

My customers hate my work. Some might hate it but others put hearts on items I have to sell  in my Etsy shop. When I get all negative my wire goes wonky and I feel defeated and mean and I resent that I started an Etsy shop during a recession.  Without this thought I'd probably just retrieve the flown wire, stop twisting wire and go do something else like garden, read, or take time to look at the beautiful pieces of jewelry I already made.  I would be calm and peaceful and creative if I didn't think my "would be customers"  hated my jewelry.

Now I have to turn the statement around.

I do not like my work - when I work in wire. I need to make something else!

So that is that...

Is it true? Can you absolutely know that it is true? How do you react when you believe that though? Would would you be without that thought? and turn it around.

Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment