BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas to my Readers

Merry Christmas!

I have been decking the halls, baking, cleaning, cleaning.....putting together a jigsaw puzzle with a Santa Claus picture, walking the dogs, shopping and working at my "fo money" job.

Oh....I have also been reading craft books and beading magazine and am getting my creativity all ramped up.  I had a slump for awhile....typically happens after I do a jewelry show/sale and I am bummed out because people buy Cookie Lee jewelry and not mine. Then I just go into the studio and stare at all my stash....annoyed.

But like love....beading creativity always kicks back in as strong as ever.  I am really inspired by my new book: "The Big Ass Book of Crafts 2" by Mark Montano.  I wouldn't ever make everything in his book but it is sure fun to look at what he made. Then try to imagine what his place looks like.  He must have the funkiest, most fun little place.  Maybe it is not so little....I am presuming.  But could you imagine a dolls head nightlite in your bathroom?! 

I made as many gifts as I could. They came out very nicely and even put together a stash/creativity bag for my friend JoAnna. Instead of making this creative gal a piece of jewelry I gave her good stuff to make her own.  I threw in beads, hemp, all kinds of interesting yarn scraps and findings.  She will have fun!

Check in with you soon. I want to know what you are doing for your holiday gifts and what you have made.

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment