BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Red Jade

Until my friend Alicia had a red jade necklace that she gotta compliment on, I didn't know that Jade came in any other color than green. I didn't even know that there was a difference between Jade and something called Jadeite, and that Jadeite was a natural stone.  I thought it was something made up in a lab.

Well, I have learned that Jade is so strong it was once used for weapons and tools.  On a Mohs scale of hardness it rates a 7 which means it is harder than steel.  Jadeite is the higher quality of Jade and it comes in a variety of colors: Red, Green, Blue and Lavender.

My bracelet I call Red Jade but it is surely Red Jadeite.

Beaded Bracelet, Red Jade, Silver Accents, Deep Red Color, Fits Average Wrist, Flower Dangle

This might need to have a trip out of the jewelry box today...It is so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment