BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Books and More Books

Today I went to my local bookstore and wanted to purchase a beading book I  had my eye on for sometime. No such luck. It wasn't at my two local beadshops or at either bookstore that sells current "best sellers" in this area. I was not seduced by the other books I picked up and considered.

Then I got to thinking...."do I need a book or do I need to experiment and see what my own creativity can come up with, using the techniques I learned in class and from other printed sources?"

I remembered that when I started making jewelry, I didn't rely on books. I did what was intuitive, organic, creative and was something I would wear, proudly, on a daily basis.  My first year, I didn't care what was in style or what would sell. And it did sell.

I need to recapture that magic, and look to my surroundings and what the beads tell me....

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you said. Everytime I go to the book store I think I need another quilt book. My goodness I have been quilting for over 20 years...I think I know what I'm doing after all these years.

    You don't need a book, I have seen your shop and your stuff is wonderful.

    blessings, jilly
    fellow etsy newbie member

    ReplyDelete