BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Readers!

What a wonderful holiday it has been!  I made jewelry pieces for my sisters, daughters and friends.  We celebrated the season on the 15th with the 28th Christmas Party yet.  Almost 70 people came and the food just kept getting better and better and better. The cookies we shared were magnificent and I am sure we have all gained 5 pounds.

Last night (Christmas Eve) our friends who own the beautiful Tsuki Nursery (Japanese Maples) here in Olympia, WA came and had Zuppe di Pesce to celebrate the season.  The mussels, clams, scallops and fish were superb in it's tomato sauce.  The wine was sublime, the bread great....the company was magnificent.  We celebrated till midnight.

This morning it was coffee and gift opening with the family. Everybody got the nicest things.  My sister who has a shop called Ashar (www.etsy.com/shop/Ashar) gave me two of the most beautiful copper peaces.  The bracelet is made from wire wrapped crystals and a beautiful handcrafted copper toggle clasp.  She made a pin that is a bow (all wire wrapped and made of copper)!  It is absolutely the dearest and most beautiful piece. I can't wait to put it on my coat and to go out in it.  She also made an "S" pin for my husband's overcoat.

BluJeanBeads was busy with initial jewelry made from upcycled materials and scrabble tiles.  I also gifted with art tags and banners that can be used to state positions:  Jo's says "Read Banned Books", 'Nae's cautions her to make Music Not War and my sister's says "Art before Housework!"

My husband got a hand felted handcrafted cover for his Kindle.  I hope he will enjoy protecting his little machine with it.

Dinner was good, we watched old holiday movies....had naps....read.....

A joyous day.....Hope yours was equally as good, quiet and fun!

Love to all,

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment