BluJeanBeads

BluJeanBeads
Banner from my Etsy shop

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer 2013

We have not had a real summer in two years here in the Pacific Northwest, until now.  Mornings are cool and cloudy but my noon it is sunny and temperatures have been in the low 70's to the low '80's.  It is nice.  Somedays a little warm but for the most part not too hot to go outside and enjoy nature, hikes, picnics, parades, ice cream and ice cold melons.

But not trusting it....it took me a month to dig out my summer dresses and do a try on to see what would fit and what wouldn't.  Only three were way too tight and had to go....and four were tight but once I lose 10 pounds will fit nicely again.

Summer jewelry from this year and the past 20 years fits just fine!  That is the cool thing about accessories....they can be your "favorites" forever and ever.   I especially love straw handbags in the summer, bright bracelets and wood pieces with texture.  Earrings can be huge disks or hoops and can be gold, silver or bright colors.  I made a pair of earrings the other day that are giant plastic balls...they are huge and in turquoise!

Ankle bracelets look great with sandals and you can really call attention to them with bright colors or bright polish on a fresh pedicure. 

Have fun, enjoy the sun....wear cute accessories and always (sunscreen).

No comments:

Post a Comment